Mega Food Park Alappuzha
- Area-68 acres
- Location- IGC Alappuzha
- Project Cost- 130 Crores
KSIDC is developing a Mega Food Park at IGC(Industrial Growth Centre) Pallippuram, Cherthala , focusing the sea food processing sector ,with grant assistance from Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MOFPI), Govt. of India under the Mega Food Park Scheme. Final approval for the project was received from MOFPI on 27.11.2015. The total cost approved is Rs.129.15 crores with Rs.50 Crores as grant from MOFPI, GOI. Project implementation is fast progressing and KSIDC has already received Rs. 28.8 Cr grant amount from MoFPI, GOI.
The KSIDC Marine Mega Food Park has been conceptualized, planned and designed based on the demand driven hub and spoke model with strong backward and forward linkages with the objective to create modern enabling infrastructure for setting up food processing industry. It contains three vital components namely the Central Processing Centre (CPC) at its Hub and Spokes are in the form of Primary Processing Centres (PPC) and Collection Centers (CC) linked by the agro-logistics network.
Central Processing Centre (CPC):
- The CPC is the hub of value addition and combines processing, collection, quality control and food testing, trade and other related activities. These functions are spatially and ecologically clustered to create economies of scale through mutually beneficial use of infrastructure. The Central Processing Centre (CPC) is proposed in 68.18 acres of land in IGC Cherthala.To augment the efficiencies of processing within the CPC, the following infrastructure facilities being created at CPC at IGC Cherthala.
Basic Enabling Infrastructure Facilities:
- Bituminous roads and foot paths
- Site development, compound wall and gate complex
- Common parking facility
- Water supply system
- Storm water drains and sewerage collection network
- Common Effluent Treatment Plant and effluent Conveyance System
- Electrical substation and Internal Electrical distribution system
- Street lighting
- Security surveillance System
Core Processing Infrastructure Facilities:
- Industrial Shed: An Industrial Shed is constructed for establishing industrial units is SSI sector with built-up area of 9,000 sq.ft. with electricity and water supply (3 modules).
- Cold Storage: Common cold storage of 3000 MT capacity shall be provided in park.
- Deep Freezer Facility: The proposed Deep freezer is designed with 2.5 MT per batch capacity (10 MT capacity per day) .Built up area of the deep freezer including facilities like Blast Freezer, Frozen Cold Room, Chill Room, Packing Area, Receiving Area, & Ante Room facility comes at 408 sq.m
- Deboning unit: The proposed De-boning facility is designed with 10 MT per day capacity (Avg 2.5 MT per batch). Deboning unit is having facilities of Blast Freezer, Plate Freezer, Frozen Room, Raw & Finished Material Chill Room, Flake Ice Room, Fish Processing & de-Boning Hall, Packing & Trolley Loading Area, Waste Material Room, Chemical Stores, Utensil wash area & Ante Room cum Loading area & Unloading Platform facility .
- QC & Food testing Lab:
Non-Core Infrastructure at CPC:
- Administrative Buildings
- Workers amenities
- Training and Skill Development Center
Standard Design Factory (25000 Sq.feet)
A Standard Design Factory (SDF) building for SMEs having 20,000 sq.ft. is set up for manufacturing units. This SDF is built in line with the requirements of a modern and efficient food processing unit. The building is built with RCC structure and food grade finishes as per the requirements of the industry.
Primary Processing Centers (PPCs):
- The Central Processing Center would be backed up by an efficient and sustainable supply chain. Based on surplus raw material available and infrastructure assessment, potential locations for Primary Processing Centers (PPCs) have been identified and mapped which would be supported by cold chain infrastructure to reduce wastages and check quality deterioration. Strong backward linkages would be established by involving fishermen socities/groups and federating them into appropriate entities wherever possible.PPCs would provide for primary processing facilities such as peeling, cleaning, sorting and grading activities, mechanical weighing and crating of produce. The locations of PPC are:
- PPC-Thoppumpady -90 cents land in Cochin Fisheries Harbour, Thoppumpady
- PPC-Vypeen -60 cents of land near ‘RMP Thodu’ at Puthuvypeen
- PPC-Munambaam-75 of land at Munambam Harbor
Infrastructure facilities envisaged at PPCs at Thoppumpady and Vypeen are Pre-Processing shed for cleaning, sorting and grading of fish varieties, Flake Ice Plant, Cold Storage and QC Lab.
At Munambam PPC ,the facilities proposed are shed for cleaning, sorting , grading and auction for fish varieties, Ice Plant, QC Lab cum office building and workers amenities.
Shri. Binil Kumar
Assistant General Manager
2nd Floor, Choice Towers,
Ph: 0484-2323010/2323101 (EPABX)
Email: [email protected]