Industrial growth centre Alappuzha
Alappuzha once known as “The Venice of the East” was renowned for trading of all sorts of items with special emphasis on spices & coir products. Though over a period of time Alappuzha lost its prominence, it still excels in the export of marine foods products and coir products.
The Industrial Growth Centre, Alappuzha, is located at Pallippuram which is about 7 km from the nearest major town, Cherthala. It is the largest Industrial parks in the district and has got all the basic infrastructure facilities and excellent road connectivity. The IGC Cherathala, is only about 32 kms away from Kochi which offers tremendous opportunities for the investors.
Kochi today witnesses unprecedented developments in its industrial front. The LNG Terminal at Kochi, GAIL GAS pipeline project to supply R-LNG, Port-based SEZ- India’s first Port-based Special Economic Zone in 1250 acres of land in Puthuvypin and Vallarpadam islands at Kochi, C2-C3 Extraction plant of GAIL, International Bunkering Terminal, International Ship repair Complex, SBM for Kochi Refineries, International Cruise Terminal, Free Trade & Warehousing Zone at Vallarpadam, Marina Project at Bolgaty Islands Kochi, Expansion of Kochi Shipyard etc are some of the mega project under various stages of implementation. The high cost of land at Kochi makes projects unviable, especially in the medium scale manufacturing industries.
The expansion of IT park by KSITL inside the IGC, new tourism venture at KCCL premises adjacent to IGC, expansion of CSEZ / ordnance factory at Pallipuram, are some of the proposed major projects in the district.
- Area-279 acres
- Location – Pallippuram, Cherthala, Alappuzha
- Nearest Airport – Cochin International Airport – 70kms
- Nearest Railway Station -Cherthala Railway Station – 7 kms.
- Nearest Sea Port – Kochi Port – 30 kms
- Compound wall, Main Gate, Security cabin, Admin building etc were constructed
- Water – KWA water tank in the premises.
- Roads – 3 km of Internal road within the Growth Centre
- Communication-Telephone & Internet connectivity available
Industrial Growth Centre
Cherthala, Alappuzha – 688 541
Phone : 0478 2552021