- Applications invited for the post of Executive Director
- Response on the pre-bid queries-selection of consultant for establishment of Life Sciences Park, Thiruvananthapuram
- Expression of Interest invited for the construction of Standard Design Factory buildings at IGCs/Parks (extended till 07/04/2014)
- Questionnaire for Medium and Large Scale Industries in Kerala
- State Level Actions to Promote Growth of Manufacturing - Kerala Report
Except a few, most of the public offices function from 10:00 am to 5 pm. In private sector, work timings vary according to the industry. Banking hours are usually from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm on all working days except Saturday (10:00 am to 12:00 pm), though most of the new-generation banks function till 8:00 pm. Shops and other business establishments would be open till 9:00 pm. Sunday is the weekly holiday for public offices, banks and majority of shops and other establishments. The second Saturday of every month is a holiday for public offices.
The Indian Rupee (INR of Rs.) is the monetary unit. The power to legislate onmatters related to currency and coinage is vested with the Central Government. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is the only authority to issue currency. A rupee is divided into 100 paise. The denominations of currency notes are Rs. 1,000, Rs. 500, Rs. 100, Rs. 50, Rs. 20, Rs.10, Rs.5, Rs.2 and Re 1.
The banking system comprises of scheduled commercial banks, urban and state cooperative banks and regional rural banks. Scheduled commercial banks can be categorized into public sector banks, private sector banks and foreign banks. Non-banking financial companies